You Can Create It
I’m so excited to be part of the international “You Can Create It!” group of Stampin’ Up! demonstrators. The group was started by German demonstrators Anja Luft and Heike Fallwickl as a challenge to see what different and beautiful projects can be created from the same list of just a few materials.
Every quarter there are 3 monthly envelopes plus a quarterly extra envelope. Each designer will use the monthly envelope, items from the quarterly envelope, and anything else they wish to add to create projects that we will share on the 2nd of the month. You can join in by purchasing the quarterly project kit and you can share your creations on my Facebook VIP site, Crafty Stampin’ VIP Stampers, and use the hashtag #ycci. See the purchase button to get this kit.
“Mach was draus” translates from German to “Make something of it!”
June envelope contents and quarterly extras:
- 1 – (4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″) Basic Black Cardstock
- 1 – (4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″) Very Vanilla Cardstock
- 1 – (8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″) Thick Very Vanilla Cardstock
- 2 – (4″ x 6″) Simply Elegant Specialty Designer Series Paper
- 1 – Medium Envelope Very Vanilla
- 1 full sheet Old Olive Cardstock
- 1 full sheet Basic Gray Cardstock
- 3 sheets Thick Whisper White Cardstock
- 1 full sheet Shimmery White Cardstock
- 2 Full sheets Vellum Cardstock
- 1 – 6″ x 6″ Copper Foil Sheet
- 2 sheets of Black Stampin’ Dimensionals Combo Pack (1 x mini, 1x normal size)
I’m in love with one of these cards and on the fence about the other. What do you think? The star of this month’s package is the Simply Elegant Specialty Designer Series Paper. Some of the sheets have such a cool Art Deco style to them.
Card # 1 is by far my favorite of the two cards. The Designer Series Paper with its Art Deco flavor coming from the gold arches blends wonderfully with the Whiskey Business Stamp Set. I used the Basic Gray Cardstock for the card base and cut 1 1/4″ off the bottom of the front panel. Then I cut the 4 x 6 panel of the Simply Elegant Specialty Designer Series Paper so that one side is on the top and the opposite side of the DSP is on the inside of the card that is showing at the bottom.
The Whisky Business images are stamped on Thich Basic White and colored with Stampin Blends, (Daffodil Delight Dark, Cinnamon Cider Dark, Gray Granite Light & Pool Party Light). Even the font on the greeting goes with the Art Deco look.
Card #2 – this is the one I’m not so sure of…..what do you think? I mixed the panel from the Simply Elegant Specialty Designer Series Paper with the Batik Die. I created this flower with Copper Foil, Shimmery White Cardstock, and Basic Black Cardstock inlays. The card base is the Thick Very Vanilla Cardstock, with a thin strip of Copper Foil and Basic Black along the right edge. I cut the Basic Black with the long “handle’ strip from the All Dressed Up Dies that is used for the handle of the purse. I wanted the “stitched edge” along the edge of the Basic Black.
I hope you liked my projects. Here are the rest of the team’s projects with the same base supplies.
You Can Create It Team Projects
Click each name to go to their website to learn more. The link will take you to their main page. You will need to search each site for “You Can Create It”
- Heike Fallwickl – Germany
- Anja Luft – Germany
- Fanny Minne – Austria
- Simone Bartrum – Australia
- Karina Chin – Canada
- Mikaela Titheridge – UK
- Alanna Klemick Wharf – Canada
- Aude Barbara – France
- Danielle Kassing – France
- Rose Packer – Australia
- Karen Harler – New Zealand
Purchase the YCCI Project Kit
You can join in the fun and get the quarterly kit. I am now filling Jan/Feb/Mar kits. Click the button below to head over to my Crafty Stampin’ Store and purchase your kit.
- For $20.00 you will receive the You Can Create It Quarterly Kit consisting of 3 different monthly packets plus the ‘extras’ packet.
- includes shipping
- Inspiration can be obtained each 2nd of the month from me and the You Can Create It Team.
- Join in the fun and share your creation with the YCCI kit on my Crafty Stampin’ VIP Stampers Facebook Page.
- Click the button below and you will be taken to a new page to complete your order
Click on any photo below to purchase the product from my online store.
Crafty Stampin' Specials
Is your shopping list greater than $100?
Sign up as a demonstrator with me today and get your starter kit for $125 worth of product for $99 plus FREE shipping on your starter kit! Now is the time to join my team and enjoy a personal discount of 20% on all future purchases*.
Here is what you get:
- Access to my exclusive Team Training website & Tutorial website
- Weekly Team Facebook Live meetings
- $125 in product
- FREE SHIPPING on your Starter Kit
- Get a FREE Paper Pumpkin Kit
- 20% savings on future personal purchases
- See Stampin' Up! Catalogs first
- CURRENT GIVEAWAYS
- CATALOGS - Get Yours Here!
- CLEARANCE RACK – Save up to 60% on select products while they last
- STAMPIN' REWARDS - Orders over $150 receive $15+ additional free
- FREQUENT BUYER POINTS - Shop with Crafty Stampin' and earn points and get more FREE Stamps.
Sandra Kowalski says
Hello, I agree with you in liking card #1 better. I personally think that those are hard colors to combine but I think everyone did a fantastic job in their designs.