I learned about this cute little technique called Stamp Mist Resist from a demonstrator only website Stampin’ Connection (one of the many benefits of being a demonstrator.)
Let me tell you how it’s done….First, you need a piece of Whisper White Card stock, your dasher stamp, early espresso classic ink, versamark ink, spray bottle of stampin’ mist and your brayer. Stamp dasher in the versa-mark and set aside, ink you brayer in espresso, and cover the entire piece of whisper white with brayer. Take Dasher and hold him about 12″ below the stampin’ mist, and spray 2 – 3 times. Stamp Dasher on the inked whisper white (now espresso) paper. Set aside. What happens is the image make this really cool outline as it dries. The color of the ink on the whisper white looks a little flat after it dries so I added a couple sprits of Champagne Shimmer Mist mix with rubbing alcohol in a small spray bottle. Instant Christmas sparkle.
I finished the card of with brushed gold paper & a Champagne glimmer brad (more sparkle!!)
Thanks for stopping by,
- Stamps: Dasher (116816);Tiny Tags (W-118091, C-118592)
- Ink: Early Espresso; Versamark
- Paper: Early Espresso, Brushed Gold, Very Vanilla, Whisper White
- Ribbon: 1 1/4″ Striped Grosgrain – Early Espresso; 1/2″ Very Vanilla Seam Binding; Linen Thread
- Other: Big Shot; Northern Flurry Embossing Folder; Northern Frost Decorative Strip; Champagne Glimmer Brad; Champagne Shimmer; Rubbing Alcohol; Dimensionals; Paper Piercing tool.