I learned about this cute little technique called Stamp Mist Resist from a demonstrator only website Stampin’ Connection (one of the many benefits of being a demonstrator.)
Let me tell you how it’s done….First, you need a piece of Whisper White Card stock, your dasher stamp, early espresso classic ink, versamark ink, spray bottle of stampin’ mist and your brayer. Stamp dasher in the versa-mark and set aside, ink you brayer in espresso, and cover the entire piece of whisper white with brayer. Take Dasher and hold him about 12″ below the stampin’ mist, and spray 2 – 3 times. Stamp Dasher on the inked whisper white (now espresso) paper. Set aside. What happens is the image make this really cool outline as it dries. The color of the ink on the whisper white looks a little flat after it dries so I added a couple sprits of Champagne Shimmer Mist mix with rubbing alcohol in a small spray bottle. Instant Christmas sparkle.
I finished the card of with brushed gold paper & a Champagne glimmer brad (more sparkle!!)
Thanks for stopping by,
- Stamps: Dasher (116816);Tiny Tags (W-118091, C-118592)
- Ink: Early Espresso; Versamark
- Paper: Early Espresso, Brushed Gold, Very Vanilla, Whisper White
- Ribbon: 1 1/4″ Striped Grosgrain – Early Espresso; 1/2″ Very Vanilla Seam Binding; Linen Thread
- Other: Big Shot; Northern Flurry Embossing Folder; Northern Frost Decorative Strip; Champagne Glimmer Brad; Champagne Shimmer; Rubbing Alcohol; Dimensionals; Paper Piercing tool.
Crafty Stampin' Specials
Is your shopping list greater than $100?
Sign up as a demonstrator with me today and get your starter kit for $125 worth of product for $99 plus FREE shipping on your starter kit! Now is the time to join my team and enjoy a personal discount of 20% on all future purchases*.
Here is what you get:
- Access to my exclusive Team Training website & Tutorial website
- Weekly Team Facebook Live meetings
- $125 in product
- FREE SHIPPING on your Starter Kit
- Get a FREE Paper Pumpkin Kit
- 20% savings on future personal purchases
- See Stampin' Up! Catalogs first
- CURRENT GIVEAWAYS
- CATALOGS - Get Yours Here!
- CLEARANCE RACK – Save up to 60% on select products while they last
- STAMPIN' REWARDS - Orders over $150 receive $15+ additional free
- FREQUENT BUYER POINTS - Shop with Crafty Stampin' and earn points and get more FREE Stamps.
Chanda Stehlik says
This is so beautiful! TYFS! I’m a new follower from SC! Stop on by sometime!
Patti Corriere says
Really like your card. That’s an interesting technique I’ll have to try. I’m a new follower from Stampin’ Connection. I hope you get a chance to visit my blog.
Debbie Reaves says
B-U-tiful! Great card…I just love it.
I’m following you from Stampin’Connection.
I’m #188 on the list as http://www.bzstampr.blogspot.com.
Take care and have a great weekend,
Absolutely gorgeous! I love that you’ve used non traditional colors. I’m a follower via SC #277.
Please stop by and follow my blog as well…thanks!
Diana Caho says
Very pretty. Following thru SC. TFS and God Bless.