I saw these beautiful cards by Jennifer McGuire the other day and I had to duplicate her technique with Stampin’ Up Product. She used intricate thinlit dies to stamp/emboss with combination of Versamark and an embossing pad. Stampin’ Up does not offer an embossing pad for the Big Shot, so I got to looking around at what else I could use. Craft Foam Sheets!! I happen to have several sheets amongst my craft supplies, so I gave it a try and it worked perfectly.
I cut two pieces of fun foam to 6″ x 9″ – the same size as my Big Shot Platform and use the platform configuration for an embossing folder. Your sandwich from top to bottom: Cutting plate, die, card stock, 2 sheets fun foam, cutting plate, platform.
For this card I chose the very detailed ornament from the Delicate Ornaments Thinlits and the greeting from Flurry of Wishes. What really makes this card pop is the Gold Wink of Stella that I used to color the ornament. I love when my craft supplies can have more than one use.
Click on any photo below to purchase product from my online store
Crafty Stampin’ Specials
Crafty Stampin' Specials
Is your shopping list greater than $100?
Sign up as a demonstrator with me today and get your starter kit for $125 worth of product for $99 plus FREE shipping on your starter kit! Now is the time to join my team and enjoy a personal discount of 20% on all future purchases*.
Here is what you get:
- Access to my exclusive Team Training website & Tutorial website
- Weekly Team Facebook Live meetings
- $125 in product
- FREE SHIPPING on your Starter Kit
- Get a FREE Paper Pumpkin Kit
- 20% savings on future personal purchases
- See Stampin' Up! Catalogs first
- CURRENT GIVEAWAYS
- CATALOGS - Get Yours Here!
- CLEARANCE RACK – Save up to 60% on select products while they last
- STAMPIN' REWARDS - Orders over $150 receive $15+ additional free
- FREQUENT BUYER POINTS - Shop with Crafty Stampin' and earn points and get more FREE Stamps.
Kathi Desmarais says
What a fun technique and a beautiful card!!
Ina Nelson says
That is so funny. I saw the same video – I love Jennifer Mcquire – and I used exactly the same die for this technique. Love it. Can’t wait to try the star. Love your card.