You Can Create It
I’m so excited to be part of the international “You Can Create It!” group of Stampin’ Up! demonstrators. The group was started by German demonstrators Anja Luft and Heike Fallwickl as a challenge to see what different and beautiful projects can be created from the same list of just a few materials.
Every quarter there are 3 monthly envelopes plus a quarterly extra envelope. Each designer will use the monthly envelope, items from the quarterly envelope, and anything else they wish to add to create projects that we will share on the 2nd of the month. You can join in by purchasing the quarterly project kit and you can share your creations on my Facebook VIP site, Crafty Stampin’ VIP Stampers, and use the hashtag #ycci. See the purchase button to get this kit.
“Mach was draus” translates from German to “Make something of it!”
February and quarterly extra envelope contents:
- 2 – (4″ x 6″) Symbols of Fortune Specialty Designer Series Paper
- 1 – (5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″) Soft Succulent Cardstock
- 1 – (4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″) Crumb Cake Cardstock
- 1 – (4″ x 4″) Mother of Pearl Specialty Paper
- 1 – Basic White Envelope
- 1 – (8 1/2 x 11) Smoky Slate Cardstock
- 1 – (8 1/2 x 11) Evening Evergreen Cardstock
- 2 – (8 1/2 x 11) Basic White Cardstock
- 1 – Sweet Little Box
- 1 – Multipurpose Liquid Glue
My Creation – Artfully Layered
Not going to lie, this was a tricky challenge for me. While I love the Symbols of Fortune Designer Series Paper, I don’t have the coordinating Crane of Fortune Bundle. But as I looked at the sheets I had from the DSP, I thought the simple bamboo images in white on crumb cake would make a great card with the elements from the Artfully Layered Bundle.
I die cut 2 of the delicate leaves from the Tropical Layers Dies in the Mother of Pearl Specialty Paper, and one from the Evening Evergreen Cardstock. I layered those around a Crumb Cake Cardstock label from the Hippo & Friends Dies with the greeting from the Artfully Layered Stamp Set in Evening Evergreen Ink. I used my Stamparatus to stamp my greeting to make sure I got a nice dark and solid image.
My card base of Thick Basic White is covered with the Symbols of Fortune Designer Series Paper that has strips of Crumb Cake Cardstock on both sides. I placed a strip of 3/4″ White Frayed Linen across the lower 1/3rd of the card front cut on an angle on both sides. The greeting label with the die-cut leaves was attached over the ribbon with Dimensionals and the card is finished with several Evening Evergreen 2021 – 2023 In Color Jewels.
I hope you liked my project. Here are the rest of the team’s projects with the same base supplies.
You Can Create It Team Projects
Click each name to go to their website to learn more. The link will take you to their main page. You will need to search each site for “You Can Create It”
- Heike Fallwickl – Germany
- Anja Luft – Germany
- Fanny Minne – Austria
- Simone Bartrum – Australia
- Karina Chin – Canada
- Mikaela Titheridge – UK
- Alanna Klemick Wharf – Canada
- Aude Barbara – France
- Danielle Kassing – France
- Rose Packer – Australia
- Karen Harler – New Zealand
You can join in the fun and get the quarterly kit. I am now filling Oct/Nov/Dec kits. Click the button below to head over to my Crafty Stampin’ Store and purchase your kit.
- For $20.00 you will receive the You Can Create It Quarterly Kit consisting of 3 different monthly packets plus the ‘extras’ packet.
- includes shipping
- Inspiration can be obtained each 2nd of the month from me and the You Can Create It Team.
- Join in the fun and share your creation with the YCCI kit on my Crafty Stampin’ VIP Stampers Facebook Page.
- Click the button below and you will be taken to a new page to complete your order
Additional Artfully Layered Cards Shared
Here are other cards I shared with this same set, click on each picture to see the original post. (This will update over time.)
Click on any photo below to purchase the product from my online store.