You Can Create It
I’m so excited to be part of the international “You Can Create It!” group of Stampin’ Up! demonstrators. The group was started by German demonstrators Anja Luft and Heike Fallwickl as a challenge to see what different and beautiful projects can be created from the same list of just a few materials.
Every quarter there are 3 monthly envelopes plus a quarterly extra envelope. Each designer will use the monthly envelope, items from the quarterly envelope, and anything else they wish to add to create projects that we will share on the 2nd of the month. You can join in by purchasing the quarterly project kit and you can share your creations on my Facebook VIP site, Crafty Stampin’ VIP Stampers, and use the hashtag #ycci. See the purchase button to get this kit.
“Mach was draus” translates from German to “Make something of it!”
September and quarterly extra envelope contents:
- 1 – (8 1/2 x 5 1/2) – Old Olive
- 1 – (4 1/4 x 5 1/2) – Sahara Sand
- 2 – (4 x 6) – Happy Forest DSP
- 40″ – Linen Thread
- 2 – (8 1/2 x 11) Thick Basic White Cardstock
- 2 – (8 1/2 x 11) Basic White Cardstock
- 1/2 Package Solid Faceted Gems
- 2 – Adhesive Sheets
My Creation – Happier than Happy
The Happy Forest Friends Suite is the sweetest collection from the Stampin’ Up! Annual Catalog. With the Designer Series Paper from the suite included in this month’s envelope, I decided to make a welcome baby card and to create this cute fun-fold. The middle section of the front of the card is cut into two sections.
To create this fold, after scoring the card base, cut 1 1/4″ in from each edge cutting only to the score line. After decorating each side with Designer Series Paper, I attached a small strip of Old Olive cardstock to just each side so now those swing independently from the center section.
This double front panel allows for second peek-a-boo front panel. I was able to hide the waving bear behind the greeting from the front. Isn’t he cute?
The inside of the card has a section for your unique greeting.
All the cute little creatures were fussy cut from the Designer Series Paper. For my owl on the greeting panel, it was easier to cut off his feet from the Designer Series Paper and draw ones using the Stampin’ Write Markers.
I finished the card with several Soild Faceted Gems.
I hope you liked my project. Here are the rest of the team’s projects with the same base supplies.
You Can Create It Team Projects
Click each name to go to their website to learn more. The link will take you to their main page. You will need to search each site for “You Can Create It”
- Heike Fallwickl – Germany
- Anja Luft – Germany
- Fanny Minne – Austria
- Simone Bartrum – Australia
- Karina Chin – Canada
- Mikaela Titheridge – UK
- Alanna Klemick Wharf – Canada
- Aude Barbara – France
- Danielle Kassing – France
- Rose Packer – Australia
- Karen Harler – New Zealand
You can join in the fun and get the quarterly kit. I am now filling Jul/Aug/Sept kits. Click the button below to head over to my Crafty Stampin’ Store and purchase your kit.
- For $20.00 you will receive the You Can Create It Quarterly Kit consisting of 3 different monthly packets plus the ‘extras’ packet.
- includes shipping
- Inspiration can be obtained each 2nd of the month from me and the You Can Create It Team.
- Join in the fun and share your creation with the YCCI kit on my Crafty Stampin’ VIP Stampers Facebook Page.
- Click the button below and you will be taken to a new page to complete your order
Additional Happier than Happy Cards Shared
Here are other cards I shared with this same set, click on each picture to see the original post. (This will update over time.)
Click on any photo below to purchase the product from my online store.