You Can Create It
I’m so excited to be part of the international “You Can Create It!” group of Stampin’ Up! demonstrators. The group was started by German demonstrators Anja Luft and Heike Fallwickl as a challenge to see what different and beautiful projects can be created from the same list of just a few materials.
Every quarter there are 3 monthly envelopes plus a quarterly extra envelope. Each designer will use the monthly envelope, items from the quarterly envelope, and anything else they wish to add to create projects that we will share on the 2nd of the month. You can join in by purchasing the quarterly project kit and you can share your creations on my Facebook VIP site, Crafty Stampin’ VIP Stampers, and use the hashtag #ycci. See the purchase button to get this kit.
“Mach was draus” translates from German to “Make something of it!”
January and quarterly extra envelope contents:
- 3 – (4″ x 6″) Sweet Talk Designer Series Paper
- 1 – (4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″) Granny Apple Green Cardstock
- 1 – (4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″) Pool Party Cardstock
- 1 – (5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″) Real Red Cardstock
- 1 – Basic White Envelope
- 1 – (8 1/2 x 11) Smoky Slate Cardstock
- 1 – (8 1/2 x 11) Evening Evergreen Cardstock
- 2 – (8 1/2 x 11) Basic White Cardstock
- 1 – Sweet Little Box
- 1 – Multipurpose Liquid Glue
My Creation – Brave Vikings
OMG – how cute!!!! “I’ve taken a VIKING to you.” I’m loving the Brave Vikings Stamp Set for Valentine’s Day cards. I started this card by creating a color-blocking background with the cardstock in the month’s envelop. After I created the background, I had wished I added some more Real Red in the center, so I grabbed the Real Red 3/8″ Mini Ruffled Ribbon to fix my error😊. I think it came out better than if had used cardstock.
I colored my two Vikings with Stampin Blends. I used some of the new Natural Tones Stampin Blends to color their skin. I used Crumb Cake Light to color my male Vikings vest and helmet. I wanted to look like white wool and bone and it needs some shadow. What do you think? Did it work?
I chose Stampin’ Blends colors from the DSP and my female Viking got a Granny Apple Green dress and a Highland Heather hat……and then I thought she reminded me of someone…..who could that be? Snow White’s Dopey 🤪. Oh well, it looks good on her. I fussy cut out both characters with Paper Snips.
I used the large heart die from the Bouquet of Love Hybrid Embossing Folder for my greeting. I thought it left a lot of blank space, so I stamped the boat in Blushing Bride Ink under the greeting to give it more interest.
I finished my project off with some Red Rhinestone Basic Jewels.
I hope you liked my project. Here are the rest of the team’s projects with the same base supplies.
You Can Create It Team Projects
Click each name to go to their website to learn more. The link will take you to their main page. You will need to search each site for “You Can Create It”
- Heike Fallwickl – Germany
- Anja Luft – Germany
- Fanny Minne – Austria
- Simone Bartrum – Australia
- Karina Chin – Canada
- Mikaela Titheridge – UK
- Alanna Klemick Wharf – Canada
- Aude Barbara – France
- Danielle Kassing – France
- Rose Packer – Australia
- Karen Harler – New Zealand
You can join in the fun and get the quarterly kit. I am now filling Oct/Nov/Dec kits. Click the button below to head over to my Crafty Stampin’ Store and purchase your kit.
- For $20.00 you will receive the You Can Create It Quarterly Kit consisting of 3 different monthly packets plus the ‘extras’ packet.
- includes shipping
- Inspiration can be obtained each 2nd of the month from me and the You Can Create It Team.
- Join in the fun and share your creation with the YCCI kit on my Crafty Stampin’ VIP Stampers Facebook Page.
- Click the button below and you will be taken to a new page to complete your order
Here are other cards I shared with this same set, click on each picture to see the original post. (This will update over time.)
Click on any photo below to purchase the product from my online store.